THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Greatest Band in the World

I have too much free time; this is evidenced by the fact that I'm spending the better half of both English as well as Word Processing doing something that is not an all-too-unfrequent occurrence:  constructing the Greatest Band Ever in the History of the Universe.  This is how it usually goes: you pick people who are good at what they do , pretend they aren't dead or in jail or rehab or complete assholes, and put them together in a band.  It's as easy as that. 

And here's this week's compilation, the product of nearly three hours of mind-numbing boredom.

Guitarist-

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  Randy Rhoads.  Randy fucking-jesus-amazing-neoclassical-metal-god-i-love-you Rhoads.  Self Explanitory.

Vocals-

This one's easy. For vocals in the Best Band Ever in the History of the Universe, we absolutely must have Dio. Ronnie James Dio. Yes. Amazing. And he's just died, too, so I'm still mourning (my process of mourning is something I'm sure you'll all get to know as soon as another treasure of metal leaves us. It's quite... intense.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Bassist- There's always this ridiculous toss-up I have between bassists when I do this. Geddy Lee, of Rush, is amazing in every way and should be forever immortalized in his splendor in the form of a statue or something. BUT. Nikki Sixx, of our dear Motley Crue, is ten different kinds of awesome.
This time, I have decided to go with Nikki, because I found these adorable pictures of him with children and I absolutely cannot NOT include them.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
How is it possible for these to not be awesome.  It's not, that's how. 

Drums-

Neil Peart.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I don't include at least one member of Rush on this list, my dad will break my legs and sell me to buy a better daughter. It's happened twice before.

0 comments: